tisdag 23 juli 2019

Summer cold

 Here are some of the  photos I tried to upload the other day!


 This is actually from a roundabout in France. The man who constructed the Statue of Liberty actually came from Colmar, and there is even a museum in his name in that city. But closed when we were there!

 My photos don't do the vineyards justice. Many of them (especially in the Moselle valley) are so incredibly steep that I really do not understand how they were planted, or how they are pruned and harvested. Many of them have a type of mono rail thing where they load the grapes and then drive them down the hill. Incredibly hard work!


 The cable car up to the castle





... and then down again. View of "The German Corner", Deutsches Eck, where The Moselle joins The Rhine


Last night's camping - looks lovely, but was terrible...


Monday, July 22 – Tuesday, July 23
Three nights at Knaus Camping Park in Koblenz left us a bit restless. We did need to rest after driving so much, but enough is enough. Our next goal was the koncentration camp Bergen-Belsen, south of Hamburg. Too long a drive for one day, but we decided to keep going until we were too tired. Found a nice Stellplatz in the town of Salzgitter. Looked really nice, by a lovely little lake where people were out sailing. Little did we know, (should have read the reviews!!!) that the parking lot nearby was a main meeting place for young people with noisy cars. We didn’t get many winks of sleep last night.

I woke up not only still tired, but with a cold coming on. We went to Bergen-Belsen, but realised that dogs were not allowed in. Jens volunteered to stay outside with Ivan, but I simply could not see myself going through that place on my own, feeling so down that I already did. Instead we went in search for a camping, found a nice one, and here we are, at Camping Park Lüneburger Heide. I took a nap for a couple of hours and am feeling much better. Still a sore throat, but at least now I’m functioning again. We’ll see tomorrow how I’m feeling, and will decide then where to go. We have to be back home by Saturday, since J needs to prepare for his trek in the Norwegian mountains. One option if I’m not feeling well is to go straight home. We’ll see! With our home on our backs, we are totally free. I like that.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar